The purchase of your new home is a large investment and a very important decision. At ABET Home Inspections, we encourage a thorough home assessment before an investment decision is made. All major systems and components of your prospective home will be check by a licensed home inspector. A determination will be made as to which items are in need of repair or not performing their intended functions at the time of inspection.
An ABET home inspection includes the use of the latest technology at no additional cost to you.
24 Hour Reports
Our clear and detailed reports are easy to follow and available within 24 hours.
Thermal imaging is included in all Mechanical and Structural Inspections.
- Building - help you uncover missing insulation, drafts and other hidden energy waste culprits. Find signs of invisible moisture, locate pipes in walls and much more.
- Electrical - Scan equipment for hot spots which signals loose connections and overloaded circuits to keep homes, businesses, and manufacturing safely up and running.
- HVAC - makes it easy to spot ductwork gaps, refrigerant issues, see overheating mechanical equipment, and inspect radiant floor heating systems.
Moisture meters are used to measure the percentage of water in a given substance. This information can be used to determine if the material is ready for use, unexpectedly wet or dry or otherwise in need of further inspection. Wood and paper products are very sensitive to their moisture content.
Drone Roof Inspections
Drone capabilities give our team of inspectors the ability to access all areas of the roof without causing any potential damage to the roof surface or putting the inspector in danger. This is a great inspection tool for tile, slate, cement, clay, two+ story homes, and high-pitched roof homes.
Foundation Elevation Readings
The foundation elevation readings will be included in all Mechanical and Structural Inspections. We will take a diagram of the structure that will represent the outline of the foundation. A zero point is set for accurate readings of the foundation's rise and drop throughout the home.
What We Inspect
An ABET home inspection provides an invaluable learning and discovery experience. A home inspector with check on the following systems and components of the home:
- Ceilings & Floors
- Fireplaces & Chimneys
- Grading & Draining
- Interior & Exterior Doors
- Interior & Exterior Stairways
- Interior & Exterior Walls
- Porches, Balconies, Decks & Carports
- Roof Covering Materials
- Roof Structures & Attics
- Arc Fault Circuit Protection
- Branch Circuits, Connected Devices & Fixtures
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt Safety Protection
- Outlet & Switches
- Service Entrance & Panels
- Smoke & Fire Alarms
- Cooling Equipment
- Duct Systems, Chases & Vents
- Heating Equipment
- Bathtubs & Showers
- Drains, Wastes & Vents
- Exterior Plumbing
- Hydro-Massage Therapy Equipment
- Kitchen Sink
- Plumbing Supply, Distribution Systems & Fixtures
- Sinks or Vanities
- Washing Machine Connections
- Water Heating Equipment
- Bathroom Heaters
- Doorbell & Chimes
- Dryer Exhaust Systems
- Food Waste Disposers
- Garage Door Openers
- Mechanical Exhaust Vents
- Microwave Ovens
- Range Hood Exhaust Systems
- Rangers, Cooktops & Ovens
Please review these sample reports so you know what to expect when using ABET Inspections.
Additional Inspection Services
Customize your home inspection to fit your needs.
New Construction Inspections
A phased inspection process to protect your investment.Learn More
Pool & Spa Inspections
Pool surface, structure & functionality are inspected.Learn More
Sprinkler System Inspections
Test & inspection of all zones to ensure proper operation.Learn More
Well & Septic Inspections
A well & septic system should always be inspected prior to a home purchase.Learn More
Water Damage/Moisture Inspections
We can find water damage not visible to the naked eye.Learn More
Detection & documentation of foundation issues.Learn More